Applied Polymer Systems
APS 700 Series Floc Logs are a group of soil-specific tailored log-blocks that contain blends of water treatment components and polyacrylamide co-polymer for water clarification. They reduce and prevent fine particles and colloidal clays from suspension in stormwater. There are several types of Floc Logs designed to treat most water and soil types. Contact Applied Polymer Systems, Inc. or your local distributor for free testing and site-specific application information.
- Mine tailings and waste pile ditches
- Stormwater drainage from construction and building sites
- Road and highway construction runoff ditches
- Ditch and treatment system placement for all forms of highly turbid waters (less than 4% solids)
- Dredging operations as a flocculent
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Removes solubilized soils and clay from water
- Prevents colloidal solutions in water within ditch systems
- Binds cationic metals within water, reducing solubilization
- Reduces operational and cleanup costs
- Reduces environmental risks and helps meet compliance
The D2 Breakdown…
The 800 Series Pond Logs have been proven an effective method for clarification of pond-lake systems. In pond and lake systems the 800 Series Pond Logs can be introduced into the system when there is no natural agitator. Aerators/bubblers, floating fountains and man-made waterfalls can all be used to create the agitation needed to introduce the 800 Series Pond Logs into the system.
~ Jim Blazek, VICE PRESIDENT, CPESC